Mental Health Workshop - Wodonga
Time & Location
About the event
The workshop will cover:
- Prevalence of mental health issues
- Myths around mental health
- Types and signs of mental illness
- Work context – or community groups
- Adjustments for mental health issues
- Health habits
- Action planning for healthy strong people
- Resources for help/advice
This workshop will be delivered by trainer Suzanne Diprose through the DARE program. The workshop is free for anyone from a Neighbourhood House or other NFP community organisation or group.
DARE (Disability Aware & Ready to Engage) is a Disability Awareness Education program that is provided free to community and neighbourhood houses, cultural, sporting and leisure groups by WCIG. Westgate Community Initiatives Group Inc. (WCIG) is a not for profit committed to affirming the dignity of all people and the right of every individual to a meaningful role in society. Established in 1986, WCIG has a long and proud history in the delivery of innovative and high quality services for those in our community who experience the greatest levels of disadvantage. At WCIG the very core of our business is our commitment to respond to the needs of the community.