top of page



Neighbourhood Houses who are incorporated need to comply with the Associations Incorporations Act. 

  • A copy of the act and regulations can be found in the Victorian Law Today Library.

  • As of 1 November 2012 a new act was introduced called the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (the Act). This replaces the Associations Incorporation Act 1981.

  • More information on what the changes in the Act mean for your organisation can be found on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website or the ANHLC website.

Organisations looking to incorporate

  • Incorporated Associations are clubs or community groups, operating not-for-profit, whose members have decided to give their organisation a formal legal structure.

  • For more information about how to go about becoming an incorporated association visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria website.

bottom of page