top of page



Workplace agreements and Industrial Relations:

Neighbourhood Houses are covered by a variety of workplace agreements, depending on the agreements that their governing body signed on to.

The options are:

  • Neighbourhood Houses & Adult Community Education Centres Collective Agreement 2010. For more information about this collective agreement and current pay tables click here.

  • Neighbourhood Houses & Adult Community Education Centres Collective Agreement 2007 and 2008. 2007 or 2008 Agreement respondents that did not sign on to the NHACE Collective Agreement 2010, continue to be bound by the older agreement. For more information about this collective agreement, and current pay tables, click here.

  • Auspiced houses are covered by the agreement from the organisation that auspices them, e.g. Local Council.

  • If your Neighbourhood House is not signed onto one of the sector collective agreements (2007, 2008 or 2010) or any other agreement your pay and conditions are governed by the award system.

  • The applicable awards are the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services (SCHADS), the Educational Services Post-Secondary Education (ESPSE) and the Children's Services Awards 2010 (these replace the SACS VIC, PACCT & Children's Services Awards respectively).

  • If you aren't sure which agreement your Neighbourhood House is covered by, contact the ANHLC on 03 954 1104 and they will be able to tell you.


Industrial relations issues:

Jobs Australia is the national Peak Body for not-for-profit organisations and provides expert industrial relations and human resources advice to the sector. 

To access their services you need to be a member, which entitles you to a number of benefits including consultation and representation, business support, not-for-profit business and governance advice, industrial relations advice and much more.

bottom of page