Financial Monitoring and Reporting Workshop
Time & Location
About the event
Even if you feel like you and your committee have a good handle on the finances, this workshop will help you understand more clearly what the reports are telling you about the financial health of your Neighbourhood House, what you need to be looking out for, what financial controls you need, and a range of other vital skills. Financial governance is a key role for your committee; one of the biggest risks you face is complacency and lack of financial awareness and understanding amongst all your committee members. It’s not just up to the Treasurer - everyone needs to know enough to ask the right questions!
"I am a Coordinator experienced in putting together and understanding financial reports. This workshop was most valuable for me because it helped me better understand how to analyse our financial position, and link our long term strategic goals with our budgeting."
Karen Ramsay, Bandiana Neighbourhood House
"I've been on a board for a number of years and done training around financial governance. This workshop was a great reminder about the important things to look for, and also gave me additional skills and understanding more related to Neighbourhood Houses."
Trish Curtis, UMRNHN Network Coordinator
Delivered by a highly experienced and engaging trainer from Non Profit Training, this workshop will help you learn the basic concepts behind financial reports and understand what all those figures really mean in a friendly, fun and supportive environment.
In this session you will learn to:
- understand the jargon and terminology
- assess if good financial governance is in place
- interpret the financial reports
- develop your budget for the financial year
- analyse the organisation's financial health
- link the strategic plan to the budget and financial reports
- determine the apporpirate level of euqity for your Neighbourhood House
- understand the financial controls requires to protect your assets
- Not GNEACC or UMRNHN members$80$800$0
- For GNEACC and UMRNHN members$0$00$0