Thu, 28 Apr|
Zeus Coffee Co
Social Enterprise Networking Event
Free event for people who want to find out more about what it means to be a 'for purpose' business, and meet others who are already working in this space.
Time & Location
28 Apr, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Zeus Coffee Co, 123 Bridge Street East Benalla
About the event
Our Social Enterprise Networking events bring together people from across the Hume Region who are working in and/or interested in the social enterprise business model.
What you can expect on the night:
- Fun and interactive opportunities to meet potential partners, suppliers, buyers and collaborators
- Learn about different types of social enterprise models
- Hear stories from local social enterprises, learn about their businesses and how they create impact
- Get inspired by the ways a thriving Social Enterprise Network can support our local communities, tourism and economy
- And find out how you can get actively involved in building the local Hume Social Enterprise Network
We hope you’ll join us for a great networking and informative event.
About Hume Local Lead
Hume Local Lead is a partnership between Upper Murray Regional Neighbourhood House Network (UMRNHN) and Social Enterprise Network Victoria (SENVIC).
Hume Local Lead is one of five Local Leads working to enable social enterprises to thrive in regional Victoria through building capacity and networks. As the Hume Local Lead, we are doing this by:
- developing a network of people across Hume Region who are actively involved in or interested in the social enterprise business model
- hosting networking events to bring people together to learn and share skills and knowledge
- providing an opportunity to fully explore what being a social enterprise means in a rural and regional context, the various models, and challenges and opportunities
- sharing information and opportunities relating to social enterprise
- increasing the profile of social enterprises across Hume Region through media and other communications
- exploring innovative opportunities relating to social enterprise and tourism.
We have a strong commitment as a Neighbourhood House Network to strengthening social enterprise in rural and regional communities. Almost half of our neighbourhood house members have a social enterprise as part of their business model. We see first hand the benefits that this brings to those organisations and their communities. Our vision is to see an increase in the development of social enterprises in our region that build capacity in local communities, create change and increase sustainability.
UMRNHN supports 16 neighbourhood houses located in 12 communities in six Local Government Areas across the north part of Hume Region.
We are a member-based, incorporated association, employing a Network Coordinator to provide a range of services to members. We work strategically with other neighbourhood house networks, the peak body and broader community networks on issues affecting our sector and the broader community.
A number of our members have existing social enterprises, a couple of which you’ll be familiar with:
- Quercus Beechworth: Bookshop, Op Shop
- Yackandandah Community Centre: Op Shop
- Corryong Neighbourhood Centre: Community Bakery, Community Mechanic
- Trudewind Neighbourhood House: Gallery
- Mt Beauty Neighbourhood Centre: Café and Catering service
- Pangerang Community House and Bandiana Neighbourhood House - Occasional Childcare Service
You can find out more about UMRNHN here: www.uppermurraynhn.org
SENVIC is a state-wide, practitioner-led network established in mid-2018 and recently launched through the support of Victorian Government to establish and support a thriving social enterprise sector in Victoria.
SENVIC’s purpose is to:
- Build a connected community of social enterprises;
- Facilitate access to learning and development opportunities for social enterprises; and
- Increase the voice and influence of social enterprise
You can find out more about SENVIC here: https://senvic.org.au/about-senvic/